Blog Info

Thumbnail Photograph of Interior Designer David Mitchell

This is the Blog about me, what I like, what I do and what I am interested in. As one of Washington DC's most popular and respected interior designers I get to do a lot. The idea of this Blog is to express my opinions and interests in the world of interiors, product design, food, fashion and current issues. I love living in Washington DC.

 

If you are looking for an interior designer to help you create a great living space that reflects you as an individual please checkout my website and contact me at David Mitchell Interior Design and check out our blog at David Mitchell Uncensored

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Three Great Places To Eat In Washington DC Right Now

I am all for great new restaurants and DC is one of the best cities for foodies. But, I always find that if you wait about 6 months after a restaurant opens and let it get in the rhyme it's the best time to go.



 

 

RED ROCKS FIREBRICK PIZZERIA

1036 Park Road Northwest
Washington D.C., DC 20010
(202) 506-1402

Red Rock, which specializes in firebrick pizza is on the fringes of the ever developing Columbia Heights neighborhood. You can smell the incredible aroma a block away, I couldn’t live near there it would drive me nuts and I would weigh 600 pounds. Every pizza is delicious and unique. The staff is friendly. The small bar is great to hangout and wait for your table. They have Boston Logger on tap. And they have great brunch with eggs, bacon and cheddar cheese all cuddled on top of the slightly sweet pizza dough. YUM!

 

CORK WINE BAR

1720 14th Street, N.W.
Washington, D.C. 20009
(202) 265-CORK
 
This Washington institution has been going strong for 4 years now and just keeps getting better and better. The wine list is more international. The food is small plates and the crowds have died down just enough that you can actually get a table. They only take reservations for the early part of the evening and if you can snag one of the two tables in the front bay windows, order a Spanish wine and their pan-crisped brioche sandwich, it’s a little bit of heaven. Call me the next time you are going and I will meet you there.

 



DANGEROUSLY DELICIOUS PIES

1339 H Street Northeast
Washington D.C., 20002
(202) 398-7437
 
On the ever changing and sometimes too slightly hipster, H street corridor is Dangerously Delicious Pies. Serving both savory and sweet pies and a damm good cup of coffee you will want to try them all. I went with a group of friends and each of us ordered something different and played the game of 'pass the pie'…the coconut chess pie reins supreme. They are open until midnight on the weekends, plenty of time for pie in your face.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...