Blog Info

Thumbnail Photograph of Interior Designer David Mitchell

This is the Blog about me, what I like, what I do and what I am interested in. As one of Washington DC's most popular and respected interior designers I get to do a lot. The idea of this Blog is to express my opinions and interests in the world of interiors, product design, food, fashion and current issues. I love living in Washington DC.

 

If you are looking for an interior designer to help you create a great living space that reflects you as an individual please checkout my website and contact me at David Mitchell Interior Design and check out our blog at David Mitchell Uncensored

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Just the Right Light

Since I work in a verity of styles everything from traditional to modern I have really learned that no matter how great the table is, the chairs are and the back drop is, the lighting fixture (the chandelier) is what makes the dining room sing.



In this very traditional county house the walls are painted and waxed with the song birds of Virginia. The chairs are covered in a cut velvet and the table is walnut with a brass inlay. But, the gold leaf and crystal Swedish chandelier is the item that pulls it all together.



This very eclectic house with a French wine tasting table, art deco chairs and the two large host chairs upholstered in a very earthy gray and chocolate brown print which echo the graphic pattern of the painted striped floors. I found this rather modest light fixture that is both traditional and contemporary at the same time. Remarkably this fixture is inexpensive costing only $195.00. But, it seemed to be the perfect chandelier for this dining room.



In this Arlington VA home in which I designed to have a more contemporary California feel to it. My wonderful assistant Elizabeth found this great modern chandelier which is a mixture of chrome and hand formed glass drops. This is perfect for a young couples home.

 

1 comment:

  1. The first dining room is still one of my all time favorite rooms!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...