Blog Info

Thumbnail Photograph of Interior Designer David Mitchell

This is the Blog about me, what I like, what I do and what I am interested in. As one of Washington DC's most popular and respected interior designers I get to do a lot. The idea of this Blog is to express my opinions and interests in the world of interiors, product design, food, fashion and current issues. I love living in Washington DC.

 

If you are looking for an interior designer to help you create a great living space that reflects you as an individual please checkout my website and contact me at David Mitchell Interior Design and check out our blog at David Mitchell Uncensored

Friday, March 25, 2011

It's Cherry Blossom Time

One of the most beautiful things about living in Washington DC is to experience the cherry blossoms. "Japan gave 3,020 cherry blossom trees as a gift to the United States in 1912 to celebrate the nations' then-growing friendship, replacing an earlier gift of 2000 trees which had to be destroyed due to disease in 1910. These trees were planted in Sakura Park in Manhattan and famously line the shore of the Tidal Basin in Washington, D.C.. The gift was renewed with another 3,800 trees in 1965." From Wikipedia  This year it is even more special because of the current situation in Japan.

Map of Japan
Picture of the Cherry Blossom near the Thomas Jefferson Memorial
Detail of a cherry blossom bloom
Cherry Blossom Trees along the Tidal Basin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...