Blog Info

Thumbnail Photograph of Interior Designer David Mitchell

This is the Blog about me, what I like, what I do and what I am interested in. As one of Washington DC's most popular and respected interior designers I get to do a lot. The idea of this Blog is to express my opinions and interests in the world of interiors, product design, food, fashion and current issues. I love living in Washington DC.

 

If you are looking for an interior designer to help you create a great living space that reflects you as an individual please checkout my website and contact me at David Mitchell Interior Design and check out our blog at David Mitchell Uncensored

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Garden

Although the days are beginning to get longer, we still have a couple more weeks of winter to survive. There was actually snow on my front lawn this past Sunday evening. Since we are all wishing for Spring to hurry up and get here, here are some things to move it along. One of the most beautiful ways to bring spring into your house year round is with a landscape painting. A more contemporary way to do it is with photography.



One of my favorite landscape photographers is Lynn Geesaman. I successfully used a pair of Geesaman photos in a client's apartment in Washington, DC.





This detail shows how I used a rich leaf green and blue on the sofa to bring the outside in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...