Blog Info

Thumbnail Photograph of Interior Designer David Mitchell

This is the Blog about me, what I like, what I do and what I am interested in. As one of Washington DC's most popular and respected interior designers I get to do a lot. The idea of this Blog is to express my opinions and interests in the world of interiors, product design, food, fashion and current issues. I love living in Washington DC.

 

If you are looking for an interior designer to help you create a great living space that reflects you as an individual please checkout my website and contact me at David Mitchell Interior Design and check out our blog at David Mitchell Uncensored

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Flying With New Wings

When designer Victoria Hagan introduced her first furniture collection in 2003 she started a modern revolution by introducing her Wainscott Wing Chair. This barrel back chair has become one of the most influential and copied pieces of furniture in the last 8 years. From modernist to traditionalist, from Ballard Design to Edward Ferrell, everyone has been influenced by this chair.
Victoria Hagan
Victoria Hagan
Wingchairs
Wing Chairs
I look at wing back chairs as being almost sculptural in a room. They can add a sense of warmth and a sense of drama. I now find that I use wing back chairs in both modern and traditional interiors.
David Mitchell Interior Design Client House Photo
Wainscott Wing Chairs used in a Chevy Chase house, David Mitchell Interior Design, Washington Home and Design Magazine 
David Mitchell Interior Design using wing chairs in a clients house
David Mitchell Interior Design, Washington Spaces Magazine
David Mitchell Interior Design Client house that uses wing chairs
David Mitchell Interior Design, Southern Accents Magazine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...