Blog Info

Thumbnail Photograph of Interior Designer David Mitchell

This is the Blog about me, what I like, what I do and what I am interested in. As one of Washington DC's most popular and respected interior designers I get to do a lot. The idea of this Blog is to express my opinions and interests in the world of interiors, product design, food, fashion and current issues. I love living in Washington DC.

 

If you are looking for an interior designer to help you create a great living space that reflects you as an individual please checkout my website and contact me at David Mitchell Interior Design and check out our blog at David Mitchell Uncensored

Thursday, April 7, 2011

DC Design House 2011, ‘One For the Guys.’





One of the things that I always feel is missing

from showhouses and shelter magazines are

spaces with a definite masculine point of view.

So, that was the starting point for creating

my room at this year’s showhouse. I had bought

this series of Olof Rudbeck’s bird prints about

2 years ago in Hudson, NY. I love them so much,

I really can’t sell them to a client. But, I thought

the beauty and simplicity of them would work so

well in this space. The bedroom has low ceilings

and small windows so I knew it would work for

my concept. I wanted to combine contemporary,

antique and found objects together and also to

explore a more textural and graphic use of

materials and fabrics to give the space a modern

American rustic look.





1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...