Blog Info

Thumbnail Photograph of Interior Designer David Mitchell

This is the Blog about me, what I like, what I do and what I am interested in. As one of Washington DC's most popular and respected interior designers I get to do a lot. The idea of this Blog is to express my opinions and interests in the world of interiors, product design, food, fashion and current issues. I love living in Washington DC.

 

If you are looking for an interior designer to help you create a great living space that reflects you as an individual please checkout my website and contact me at David Mitchell Interior Design and check out our blog at David Mitchell Uncensored

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Coffee with Bill


I have this kind of Saturday ritual. I am always up early. I am up early everyday; not much of a late sleeper. On Saturday morning I take the time to make filtered coffee. Between boiling the water, grinding the beans and the drip it is about a 20-minute process…but, oh so worth it! I love coffee! After my first cup, I always check my friend Bill Cunningham’s weekly video column "On The Street." in the NY Times, to see what he is up to each week. Bill has been documenting the New York fashion and social scene for over 30 years. Filmmaker Richard Press and Philip Gefter have recently made a wonderful documentary of Cunningham’s life and determination to show real people in real cloths and real fashion. You can catch the film at either the E Street Theater or the Avalon Theater. Go check it out and let me know what you think.



And speaking of coffee, I have been buying a lot of coffee beans from small artisanal roasters in and around San Francisco. Here are 3 of my favorites:

Blue Bottle Coffee

Ritual Roasters

Bare Foot Coffee

All 3 of these have online stores so if you are coffee crazy like me these are 3 new coffee fixes for you to try.

Blue Bottle Coffee

Ritual Roasters
Barefoot Coffee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...